Craigslist is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with a large number of motivated, local buyers for any items you may wish to sell. It’s an excellent way to convert unwanted items into spare money. However, there are some points to consider in order to make your craigslist selling experiences as painless as possible.
1) Any item will sell quickly if it is priced correctly. Think carefully about your strategy for selling items like computers, electronics, or automobiles. Because it’s free to list an item for sale on craigslist, the next biggest cost in taking advantage of this online marketplace is the value of your time. An item that is overpriced or even simply not priced competitively may remain unsold for longer and require you to meet with more prospective buyers before it sells.
2) You can avoid unproductive inquiries by accurately describing the items you are selling, including plenty of photographs that will be highly interesting to serious buyers. Craigslist permits you to upload four images of moderate size, but consider making a high resolution photo album using a photo sharing website that you can link to your posting.
3) List your items during a period of time when you’ll have plenty of free time to meet with interested buyers. Also, don’t hesitate to schedule multiple meetings to show an item in one day. You may have to schedule a lot of appointments before someone actually shows up to buy what you are selling.
4) Arrange to meet with prospective buyers in a safe, public location such as a mall or bank parking lot. This avoids inviting relative strangers to meet where you live.
5) In cases involving higher value items such as a car or computer, understand that a motivated buyer should be anxious to execute the transaction quickly. Avoid falling into the trap of agreeing to hold an item for someone who is not really serious about following through.