Tips for being financially stable in 2011:
1. Spend money on things you NEED, not things you WANT.
2. Try to pay a few of your bills ahead. That way, in the event a problem arises, you will still be current with your bill and can take care of the problem.
3. Limit the number of times you go out to eat. This alone can save you hundreds of dollars and it is a lot healthier.
4. Do not create any new debt. If you want to buy something that is costly, save for it. Financing an item will have you paying way more than what it is worth.
5. Look for other opportunities to earn extra income. There is nothing wrong with having another source of income. Even if it is only enough to put in your savings account, that second source is a help!
6. Set goals for yourself. Make a conscious decision to pay off your bills. Pick one of your bills and set a goal to have it paid off in six months.
7. Make smart choices when you go grocery shopping. Buy items that will make more than one meal and do not be afraid to pick the “off-brand” version. Remember, at this point you are trying to reduce debt and save, don’t worry about the petty things.
Financial stability is possible in the upcoming year. You have to set goals and come up with a plan for how you are going to reduce your debts and save money.