Fruit is healthy and makes a very colorful and tasty salad. Many of these are listed in the pyramid that we should follow in our diets. Here we will create a salad from the fruit group. This is so simple you’re your children can prepare this while you are making a delicious dinner. Later we can all enjoy a refreshing, healthier dessert salad and still satisfy that sweet tooth.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans of peach pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar of maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup of miniature marshmallows
1. Drain all the juices from the cans and jars.
2. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Fold everything together gently.
4. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
5. Spoon into dessert dishes and serve.
6. Enjoy! In many grocery stores in and around Winona you will find containers already filled with fresh fruit. The baking aisle is the place to walk down when looking for pie filing. Many times the cans of fruit can be found down the same aisle.
With the temperatures up in the hundred’s lately this dessert salad is the perfect way to cool down. Whether you live in Winona , Florida, Texas or California your evening will be filled with a cool, refreshing, healthier delight.