The biggest challenge many of us have is accepting and loving ourself. I should explain what those words mean to me.
Accepting means seeing all of who we are. Yes, we have roles in our day- which can change constantly. One moment we may be a parent and the next we are an employee. We have expectations of ourself and others.Sometimes we can become so involved in our daily activities and responsibilities that we almost feel like we’re on a run away train with no direction. We wonder why we might snap at someone or become overwhelmed. We can become judgemental and impatient with others. There is constant chaos within and around us. How can we possibly accept ourselves and others when we feel so out of control?
One of the ways I calm myself is through prayer. Some may feel more comfortable with meditation that isn’t centered om Jesus.There are too many ways to pray and meditate to mention, but practice whatever works for you to calm your heart and be with your soul.Sometimes there are many layers.
When there is chaos and I need a mini-retreat these are some steps I take.
I ask myself these questions.
1. What do I desire in my deepest self?
2. What are the emotional, spiritual, and cognitive gifts I can bring to others?
3. What are my weaknesses?
4. Then go into meditaitve prayer.
5. Nearly each time I sense a light of holiness and sacredness. I am with my soul. I am with my deepest self.
6. What action do I need to take to share my gifts with others and remember that this same light is within each one. Each one is my brother and sister.
I have found that only then can I fully accept all of me and the weaknessess and holiness in others.
You can visit my website at www.cindytuttletheauthor.com