How to choose persimmons?
Ripe persimmons should be fairly soft, bright orange, persimmon leaves themselves have to be brown. The presence of dark berry points suggests that the fruit began to deteriorate.
What is the use persimmon?
This berry contains glucose, sucrose, vitamins A, C, P, as well as iron, potassium, calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, iodine. In persimmon are a large number of antioxidants that help fight free radicals. Astringency of persimmon indicate the presence of pectin in it – a substance that is responsible for our digestive system.
– Persimmon prevents the formation of stones due to the content of magnesium.
– Persimmon has a strong diuretic effect, bringing the sodium salt from the body.
– Thanks to the iron content of persimmon is useful for people suffering from anemia.
– Since the iodine content, persimmon is recommended for people with thyroid disease.
– Due to the content of pectin, a persimmon is used to improve digestion.
– Vitamin A is contained in the persimmon, prevents the formation of cancer cells.
– Persimmon has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system.
– This berry is used to prevent atherosclerosis.
– Persimmon has tonic, relaxing effect.
– It is believed that the persimmon improves appetite, increases efficiency and calms the nervous system.
That is why it is recommended for people who deal with stress and hard work.
Persimmon also applied for cosmetic purposes, make of it a face mask, shower gels, persimmon perfectly moisturizes and refreshes the skin.
And a few recipes:
Baked persimmons with citrus
Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grease 4 squares of foil with oil. Cut three persimmon into 8 slices, peel a pink grapefruit peel and films, divided 2 oranges into segments and clear of the films. Divide the fruit on the 4th square. Sprinkle with 4 tbsp of brown sugar. Lift the edge of the foil and make a large envelope. Put the envelopes on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
Cheesecakes with persimmon
Peel 2 lb of persimmon, free it from seed and finely chop. Spread 1 lb of cottage cheese with sugar until a monotonous mass. Then add 1 / 2 cup flour, salt, and persimmons. Mix well. From the resulting mass Form small cakes 1-1,5 cm thick roll in breadcrumbs and fry on both sides in vegetable oil until a golden brown. Serve with sour cream.
Persimmons and rice
Sauté in butter the following spices: 1 pc. anise, a piece of cinnamon sticks, 3 cardamom nucleolus. Put the rice and fry until transparent, add the broth in a ratio of 1 to 2, simmer until done under the cover. Separately, fry the finely chopped sweet green and red peppers. Add to rice. Persimmon cut into cubes, mix with warm rice ready, allow to stand. Submit a chicken or as a separate dish.