Okay let’s make this quick and easy. Is it just me and it probably is, but is EVERYONE using the most useless word in the English language – INHERENTLY? And is it because some idiot figured out he wouldn’t sound like an idiot if he just put inherently in front of every word.
Life is no longer unfair, it is inherently unfair. Things these days can be inherently funny. , inherently unresponsive, Inherently safe, inherently good,, inherently fallible, inherently deceptive, inherently risky, inherently insecure and we can even have “Inherently Governmental Functions.”
A quick search of the internet shows that bureaucrats, economists, professors, reporters, EVERYONE thinks “inherently” adds to a sentence. It doesn’t. The people are wrong! Nope, my mistake. They are inherently wrong. The people are stupid. Whoops, my bad – the people are inherently stupid.
Look at the following phrases taken from the internet – couldn’t we just eliminate the word ‘inherently” and still get the message across?
But I could be inherently insane for even suggesting that.
Here are the phrases:
• “…economic outlook inherently uncertain”
• “..homosexuality bill is inherently discriminatory”
• “Are Psychological Judgments of Public Figures Inherently Bad?”
• “OSHA Assistant Secretary David Michaels said the practice of using highly flammable methane gas for “gas blows” is inherently dangerous.” ( hmm , so lighting a match by a gas blow is inherently stupid?)
• “Is the economy Inherently Unstable”
• “…good writing is inherently subversive”
• “All Women Are Inherently Weak and Very Fragile”
• “He called same-sex unions ‘inherently immoral”
• “The first option was to use inherently safer methods”
• “Though prosecutors seemed to agree with the 38 percent of Americans, indicating that Islam is an inherently violent religion”
• “Feds to Argue Rwandan Witnesses Inherently Liars”
• “Does this, in fact, mean that the guns are inherently unsafe”
• “Volunteering Is Inherently Risky”
• “…best available science shows that Canada’s commercial seal hunt is inherently inhumane.”
• “At one point in the conversation the question is raised, is debt inherently bad?”
• :…the very idea of intending to be wealthy inherently evil, corrupt, or somehow wrong?”
Well what do you think? Am I inherently right or am I inherently wrong.?