Once again, the American Music Awards 2010 performers gave us a wide variety of entertainment mixed in with the presentations. These awards are different from others, because the results are determined by the fans.
Rihanna rocked the opening number with curly red hair. With her new look, she’s definitely going her own way these days, but she has returned to an even sexier look than she had before. This time she wore an outfit suitable for a beach party. If you’re going to be a pop diva, you’d better figure out how to move in high heels like Rihanna.
Enrique Iglesias looked as sexy as always as an American Music Awards 2010 performer singing a couple songs, including his hit “I Like It.” Immediately following Enrique was Miley Cyrus. With lots of red candles behind her, Miley, who recently celebrated her 18th birthday and who was dressed modestly tonight, sang about forgiveness and love. Of course, when she sang we thought of her parents, Billy Ray and Tish, who are in the middle of a divorce.
The Black Eyed Peas performed. Even though Fergie and the others do their own thing sometimes, the group is still together and still enormously successful, rocking it lately with the sci-fi thing.
There was the newly married Katy Perry, and a cute and stylish Willow Smith introduced Justin Bieber as one of the American Music Awards 2010 performers. He got serious with “Pray.” Cameras cut to Usher who is quite happy with his 16-year-old protégé.
Jon Bon Jovi performed, looking nowhere near his 48 years. The celebrity crowd were on their feet as he sang some of our favorites. .
We also got Sean P. Diddy Combs’ new trio, Diddy-Dirty Money. The group consists of Diddy, Dawn Richard and Kalenna Harper. Kid Rock sang as well as a pregnant Pink. No high heels or acrobatics for Pink tonight. And Ne-Yo, after making his grand entrance with his “Ne-Yo Road to the American Music Awards” skits, sang as well.
Christina Aguilera, who recently filed for divorce from Jordan Bratman, was an American Music Awards 2010 performer with a song from her new movie “Burlesque.” We also got Santana, who, like Kid Rock, seems to get every gig out there.
Train rocked “Soul Sister,” and Ke$ha performed with more sci-fi, which is a favorite these days. Taylor Swift sang from her “Speak Now.” And, of course, Usher was an American Music Awards 2010 performer. No AMA would be complete without him.
Finally, remember New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys? Dust off those CD’s, because they’re back.
American Music Awards 2010 presentations during the show:
1. Usher got his fifth AMA for “Raymond vs. Raymond” for Favorite Soul/R&B Album.
2. The Black Eyed Peas won for Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group.
3. Taylor Swift got her seventh AMA win, this time for Favorite Country Female Artist.
4. Shakira won for Favorite Latin Music Artist.
5. The Favorite Soul R&B Female Artist for 2010 is Rihanna.
6. Brad Paisley won for Favorite Country Male Artist.
7. The T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist Award went to Justin Beiber, winning his first AMA.
8. Then it was Justin Bieber again for Favorite Pop/Rock Male.
9. Favorite Country Band, Duo or Group went to Lady Antebellum who won their first AMA.
10. Alternative Rock went to Muse who won their first AMA.
11. Adult Contemporary Music Artist went to Michael Bublé.
12. Soul R&B Male went to Usher, who collected his sixth AMA.
13. Artist of the Year went to Justin Bieber who is the youngest person to win the award. Justin invited Usher up to the stage. Justin calls Usher his mentor and his best friend.
American Music Awards 2010