This is an original Heart Health Recipe made by LeRoy Coffie. If you are on a diet to keep your heart health, this high protein chicken and spinach salad may be the lunch/dinner substitute you are looking for. The recipe is easy to make and feeds four hungry people who care about their diet. Try it out and see what you think.
Ingredients you will need for High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad-an original Heart Healthy recipe
• Fresh Spinach-one pound
• 100 % Natural white chicken in water in the can-5 oz.
• Baby carrots cut up into small pieces
• Fresh whole mushrooms-one half pound
• Non-fat salad dressing-you choose the type and flavor-you can also mix this up yourself
• Dried cranberries and or raisins
• Boiled egg whites-three or four
Optional Ingredients for High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad-an original Heart Healthy recipe
• Fresh strawberries-4 oz.
• One 5 oz. can of solid white Albacore Tuna Fillet in water-will add protein and change the taste of the salad
• Cheese of your choice-will add fat-this ingredient will depend on your health and taste
This Heart Healthy recipe (High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad) is very easy to prepare. You don’t have to be handy in the kitchen; you just need to be able to follow directions.
Preparation of the High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad-an Original Heart Healthy recipe
1. Take all the fresh ingredients and wash them off. This includes the fresh spinach, baby carrots, mushrooms and fresh strawberries. Cut the fresh ingredients into the desired sizes you want them to be in your High Protein Chicken and Spinach salad. The fresh strawberries are optional and will add a sweet taste to your Heart Healthy recipe. Place all the fresh ingredients into a bowl that has a top.
2. Cook your eggs in a pot full of water for twenty to thirty minutes. Take the pan over to your sink and run cold water into the pan. Wait for the eggs to cool down. Crack the eggs, take the whites off of the eggs and throw the egg yolks away. Take the egg whites and break them into pieces, placing them into your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad.
3. Open the can of chicken and drain the water from it. Take the chicken and dump it into your Heart Health recipe. If you opted to add the tuna, open the can, drain the water from it and add the tuna to your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad.
4. Take a couple of handfuls of almonds and drop them into your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad. Almonds are a Heart Healthy food full of protein and good fat. Take a couple handfuls of dried cranberries/raisins and throw them into your High Protein Chicken and Spinach salad.
5. Add cheese to your Heart Healthy recipe if you desire the taste of cheese. I love cheddar and Swiss cheese. It doesn’t hurt to add fat to your recipe unless your heart cannot handle it. This step is optional and adds fat to your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad.
6. Place the lid on top of your bowl and make sure it is secure. Shake your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad up well. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed up, remove the lid and serve this Heart Healthy recipe to your family and friends.
7. Take your desired fat-free dressing and add it to your High Protein Chicken and Spinach Salad. Do not use high fat salad dressings with this Heart Health recipe. If you do, this will destroy the purpose of this recipe.
8. Stay tuned for more Heart Health Recipes in the future. The author of this recipe is not a doctor or nutritionist. However, this High Protein Chicken and Spinach salad is a Heart Healthy recipe that will help start you on the journey to eating correctly and healthy.