DJ Pauly D is a well known DJ out of Rhode Island and next to his music, is probably best known for his hair. Throughout all the “Jersey Shore” episodes, his hair rarely moved thanks to the blowout and the by-the-gallon application of hair gel. He’s typically thought of as one of the nicest of the group with a loud and comedic personality. Some of his comments have been the most memorable of the show and became catchphrases for many “Jersey Shore” viewers. His facial expressions alone are enough to make people laugh.
“My boss seems to think that my hair is gonna fall off & go into the ice cream. This hair ain’t movin’ my dude. 150mph on the highway on a street bike… it doesn’t move! What makes you think it’s gonna move in a gelato shop?”
– See, all that hair gel isn’t a waste. It keeps his hair from getting in the food and it looks better than wearing a hair net.
“My hair didn’t even move an inch and I was in and out of the water. My hair’s windproof, waterproof, soccerproof, motocycleproof. I’m not sure if my hair’s bulletproof… I’m not willin’ to try that.”
– Wouldn’t be surprised if it was. Or at least if the bullet went through it would leave a hole through the center while the rest of the hair is perfectly in place.
“We’re beating up the beat. That’s what we say when we’re doing our fist pump. First, we start off by banging the ground. We’re banging it as the beat builds ‘cuz that beat’s hittin’ us so we’re fighting back. It’s like we beat up that beat.”
– If you haven’t seen people “beating up the beat,” it looks exactly like what you are imagining it to be.
“Poor girl… she needs to take some karate classes or somethin’. She needs self defense. Somebody’s got to teach her how to fight or duck.”
– Looks like someone taught her how to fight after the first couple of encounters. She handled herself during the fight with Angelina. She even took off her earrings first.
“It’s t-shirt time!”
-What started out as a phrase turned into the ‘T-Shirt Time Song.’ Pauly, you’re fanfreakintastic.
“Cabs are here!”
– Pauly running around screaming this somehow manages to sound more hysterical than annoying.
“It looks like a chicken cutlet. Yo, put that on the grill!”
– For those that didn’t see the episode. Pauly is referring to an insert that goes into a bra to add a lift. One of the females in the jacuzzi had it pop out and it was floating in the water, so Pauly picked it up and tossed it to Mike. It really does look like an uncooked chicken cutlet.
“I never seen the kitchen this bad. There’s hair extensions, there’s fingernails, there’s like a tuna fish sangwich on the ground. It’s like WWIII went down last night.”
– Pauly is discussing the aftermath in the kitchen after the fight between Jwoww and Sammi. And yes, that’s how he said “sandwich.”
“Is there anymore turkey sandwich?”
– After the Sammi / Jwoww fight, Sammi is talking to the majority of the group about how after the fight, she was on the ground with her turkey sandwich questioning what just happened to her. It was the strangest question to ask at the most appropriate time and that, Pauly D, is why you are loved.
Quotes obtained from viewing seasons 1&2