Boys like toys. There’s no doubt about it. We men like our gadgets and gizmos. So instead of buying us the customary tie or the traditional socks, try going in the department that all men love. Take a step into the electronics department to buy your favorite guy his gift this year. In case you need a little help, here are a few great electronic gifts for that man in your life.
10. Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player – What’s better than watching your favorite action flick? Watching your favorite action flick in Blue Ray of course! Make sure that the player is Wi-Fi ready that way you can stream Netflix, YouTube and countless other video sites directly to your TV with no wires!
9. HD TV – How about getting hime a high definition flat screen HD TV that’s 3D and Wi-Fi ready! You wanna see your man smile, then this is the way to go!
8. Power Tools – What man does like new power toys to play with? You can find great power tools for low prices at places like Wal-Mart or Home Depot.
7. Eletric Razor – All men can use this gift and the great thing about it is that you can get high quality razors for less than $20.00.
6. Portable GPS Unit – Prices on these have come down as low as $69 – $79. Some of the popular brands that won’t break your wallet are Tom Tom, Garmin and Nuvi.
5. Portable DVD Player – Another product that technology has lowered prices down as low $39. I recommend trying some of the off brands to keep this price low. You can get good quality players for just a little money.
4. Universal Remote Control – High end remotes run $150, but you can get good ones for $29. These remotes aren’t the ones that come with the cable box. These remotes have color digital displays and memory features that make watching TV, listening to the radio or even turning on a light simple.
3. Tablet PC – Don’t just think I-Pad. Dell and Toshiba have comparable units at lower prices. You may find yourself spending $500 – $1000 depending on the brand, but isn’t your guy worth it.
2. Digital Camcorder – Places like BrandsMart and Big Lots commonly have them priced as low as $49. You can get the price even lower if you go with a non-rechargeable off brand unit.
1. Smart Phone – A great gift idea is a cell phone upgrade. You can go I-Phone, Windows Phone or Blackberry. If you go through your current carrier, you might even get a heck of an upgrade discount.
You can follow Brian C. Hopkins on twitter @ 4TheConsumer or for great savings tips or travel ideas visit www.4theconsumer.com.