“Ready, Set and Go.” Not so fast. Before you head out the door to do your Black Friday shopping, here are some very important things for you to consider.
Have a Plan of Attack
Thanksgiving Day Preparations
1. After the visitors have left, get your coupons together. Along with the coupons, place your shopping list. Make notations on where your items can be purchased. Know where you are going.
2. Keep food coupons for your meal separate from your shopping coupons.
3. Make sure you have money and credit cards ready. double check your accounts.
4. Make note of time periods that sales run. Some sales are early and some run after other sales expires.
5. Call your friends and remind of the time you are leaving. You don’t need over sleepers.
6. Lay out your clothes and get to bed early.
7. “Set Your Alarm” Take your watch with you.
1. Eat breakfast. You will need the energy. Toss a power bar into a bag. You might also need to take a water bottle with you.
2. Check your gas tank.
3. Make sure that your cell phone is fully charged.
4. Think small. You don’t want large handbags to carry around.
5. Umbrellas and light jackets are a good idea. You can always leave them in the car.
6. Clean out your car trunk.
1. Park as close to the front door as you can at the mall or store.
2. Park in a well lighted area.
3. Always avoid large crowds at the front door. Keep a safe distance away from crowds.
4. Use shopping carts, if they are provided. Besides carrying items they identify you as a shopper.
5. Consider using the side isles instead of the main one. However, many sale items will be located on the main isles.
6. Ask for help, if you need it. Things will go quicker and the clerks will know where things are that might be better than what you are looking for.
7. Present your coupon before the purchase.
8. Always get gift receipts. You will be glad that you did.
9. Separate your bags or mark them, when loading them in your vehicle. (Lock your car)
1. Try to avoid lines or waiting periods. Eat before or after noon. You will need energy, so do not pass this up.
Black Friday is an excellent time to save on your shopping expenses. You can have a lot of fun if you are properly prepared.