This is a recipe that goes well with chicken and an excellent way to put some fiber in our diet.
- Finely shredded cabbage – 5 Cups
- Oil- 2 Tbs
- Medium size Tomato -1
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ Tsp
- Salt- 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 Tsp
- Bay leaf -1
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Green Peas – 1 Cup
- Cinnamon Stick – ½ inch
- 1 Green Chilli (optional)
- Garam Masala – ¼ Tsp
1. Chop the tomatoes. Finely shred the cabbage if you are not using the pre packaged one.
2. In a non stick pan or wok, put oil. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and green chilli.
3. Add the ginger paste and the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes till the tomatoes are fully cooked.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry for a minute. Next add in the shredded cabbage and peas and mix well so that the cabbage is well coated with the spices. Make sure the flame of your stove is on medium. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Uncover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring once in a while in between to ensure that the bottom of your pan doesn’t burn.
6. Cabbage should be done by this time and cook till the point that all water from the dish has evaporated. The cabbage should not get mushy but should have a bit of texture.
7. Next add the Garam Masala into the pan and mix. Thereafter, transfer the dish onto a serving platter. Cabbage stir fry is ready.