There are many ways for high school students to date inexpensively. In some situations where money is extra tight, some dates can be absolutely free.
For example, one will say to the other: “Hey, we’re having a barbecue in our back yard Saturday night. All the other people there will be couples. You wouldn’t want me to be all alone, would you? How about being my date for the evening?”
Of course, if you’re a young student, you wouldn’t be able to get away with that freebee evening too many times. Here are some other ideas that would be inexpensive, but maybe just as entertaining.
1. School sports event: Cheer on the home team together. All you’ll need to buy are soft drinks, popcorn and hot dogs. You won’t be able to get away with that kind of cheapie at a college game. They all charge admission.
2, School social event: Attend a school play, band concert or pep rally. Afterward, you can go to the local ice cream or fast food place for for a quick and inexpensive snack.
3. Rent a DVD,video games or more, and invite friends over for an evening at home. Make the others couples or wanna-be couples. Play some parlor games, just like ancient times, when your parents were young. Serve snacks and cold drinks.
4. How about a date that involves some social activities that help others. Volunteer together at a church charity event, serve food at a homeless shelter or set up a fundraiser at a car wash. If you’re with a gang of other students who volunteer with you, bring along lunch and snacks for everyone to enjoy during breaks from the work.
5. Dinner and a movie: Just like your old folks back in the days when couples actually went to movies. Sit in the balcony, chew on Milk Duds and do a bit of smooching. Don’t be surprised if the usher (not that Usher) shows up with a flash light and make you stop.
6. Go dutch: As a last resort, and if the guy student can’t raise enough money, both guy and gal should share in the expenses for the evening. After all, if gender equality must apply in education, careers, politics and war, shouldn’t it also be practiced on cheap dates?