Break the dinner and a movie rut with a fun, and cheap, Fall date. Here are eight fall date ideas, all for $20 or less.
1. Take your date to an outdoor festival. Most towns offer some type of arts, music, food or cultural festival in the fall. Unless a big name act is performing, count on free or inexpensive admission. Grab a meal or snack for you and your from a vendor and explore the festival together. Cost: $5 to $20.
2. Let out your creative side and carve pumpkins together. You’ll need pumpkins, a carving knife, some old newspapers and a couple of candles for the insides of the Jack-O-Lanterns. You can even save the pumpkin seeds, salt them and bake them for a post-carving snack. Cost: $10 to $18.
3. Take a hike in a nearby park or nature preserve and look at fall leaves. Brink along your camera to capture the colors. Cost: free.
4. Explore a corn maze with your date. These mazes are offered on farms throughout the country. Close to Halloween, haunted mazes are offered too. Do a google search for one in your area. Cost for two: $14 to $20.
5. Enjoy the colorful leaves and fall foods with a picnic in the park. Bring a warm drink like hot chocolate or apple cider in a thermos. Cost: $5 to $20.
6. Take your date to a local brewery and sip beers together. Many breweries offer seasonal brews, such as fall beers featuring pumpkin flavors. Cost: $5 to $12.
7. Get in the Halloween spirit by renting scary movies. Curl up on the couch with your date and enjoy. Pick up some Halloween candy for a festive snack. Cost: $3 to $12.
8. Hit up a thrift store and search for pieces and accessories to create a Halloween costume. Search the racks for interesting and unusual hats and clothing items. Cost: $1 to $15.