Are you looking for cheap ideas for decorating your school locker in a Halloween theme? Up until last week, my teen was also looking for some cool but cheap ways to decorate her locker for Halloween. She found exactly what she was looking for the dollar store and collected a great assortment of $1 decor items to create a totally unique Halloween themed school locker.
Dollar stores are known for their cheap $1 party ware, toys, and holiday decor. The price is low because the items aren’t very large or of the best quality. But for something short term as Halloween locker decor, the dollar stores are definitely the place to go. Currently in stock at most dollar store are things like magnetic Halloween decals, Halloween scrapbook embellishments, spooky tinsel, 6″ glitter skulls, spider webs, Halloween stickers, and Halloween warning signs. The price? $1 per item.
If you’re interested in decorating your school locker for Halloween this year but can’t afford to spend lots of money, check out these cheap Halloween decorating ideas:
1. How to cover the outside of your locker
Decorating the outside of your school locker can be hard to do since it’s prone to damage by other students. Two cheap locker covers that will work are cheap Halloween themed tablecloths or that stretchy spider webbing.
To cover your locker with a cheap tablecloth: measure the size of your locker door, add 6″ inches to both the height and width measurement. Cut a piece of material to that size. (Make sure you could the area of the tablecloth with the best graphics ~ and not in the center when the material is blank.) The material can then be used to cover the front of the locker’s door and taped into position on the inside.
To decorate your locker with spider web, throw the entire cob inside one corner of your locker. Grab a small piece of webbing and gently stretch it up and over the door, snagging it into place around the hinges and corners. Adjust. Since you can definitely expect people to grab at the webbing, just leave the cobweb in your locker and add more webbing as needed.
2. How to decorate inside your locker
Since the inside of your locker is secure, you can have lots of fun with decorating.
* Use 12 x 12 Halloween themed scrapbook pages as locker “wallpaper”. Attach the paper with double sided tape.
* Use dollar store finds such as stickers, magnetic decals, Halloween “caution” signs, masks, or Halloween art to decorate the inside of the locker door.
* Arrange cheap dollar store Halloween decor on your locker shelf ~ the Dollar Tree franchise has gory body parts and glittery skulls in stock now.
* Frame the inside top of your locker with Halloween themed tinsel, orange and black Mardi Gras necklaces (yes, these can be cut apart) or a cheap dimensional garland made of pint sized skeletons or skulls.