Are you a cheerleading team struggling to get your crowd to make more noise at the games? Here are some tips to help any cheerleading team get their crowd more involved.
1. Make things simple -Call out simple chants and cheers. They are easy to say so the crowd will have more of a tendency to get involved.
2. Use Signs -Use signs in your cheers/chants. This will give the crowd a queue or visual to go by when participating in a cheer/chant.
3. Use a Mascot -Crowds love their mascots, so try using your mascots in your cheers/chants. You can have them hold signs, or even be involved in the pyramids.
4. Give them FREE stuff -Everyone loves Free stuff, and they will make noise to get it.
5. Pound your megaphones – Megaphones will help keep a beat, make more noise for the crowd to follow, and help get the crowd more involved.
6. Do the Wave – It’s fun for the crowd, so try to start one and see what happens. Use your mascot if you are having difficulties getting it started.
7. Use flags -Flags are great visuals for the crowd to enjoy.
8. Work with your band -You might be able to get some chants to go along with some of the music that the band is playing.
9. Do a “spell out” – With a spell out, the crowd has to get involved. Make sure you keep it nice and simple.
10. Do pushup for points -Do pushups when the team scores and have the crowd count with you.
11. Go into the stands – Take some of the team into the stands to help start chants and be more personable with the fans.
12. Get a fake crowd – Organize a fake crowd in the stands to help you get some cheers/chants started. They will cheer back with you, and hopefully the rest of the crowd will get involved.