Are you a cheerleader and are having difficulty on your Toe touch? Do you need a little guidance? Here are some tips to help any cheerleader improve their toe touch.
1. Stretch, Stretch, Stretch -Always stretch beforehand to avoid injuries and stretch on your off time to help improve your flexibility for a better toe touch.
2. Practice on the ground -Lay on your back and practice pulling toe touches on the ground first. Work on your technique and execution so that you are familiar with it in the air.
3. Work your Drills -Work on some drills to help improve your toe touch. Drills like Straddle kicks and Straddle sit ups will help improve your speed and flexibility.
4. Point your toes -Clean up the look of your toe touch by making sure you point your toes. It’s an easy thing to do that will make a dramatic improvement.
5. Legs straight -Make sure your legs are straight. Continue to work your flexibility by stretching out your hamstrings.
6. Chest up -Keep your chest up. It will make your toe touch look higher.
7. Head up – By keeping your head and chin up, it will keep your chest up.
8. Use those hip flexors to rotate -Rotate your hips as your pull your toe touch by using your hip flexors. This will get your legs even higher.
9. Kick feet behind -Make sure you kick your feet behind your arms as you rotate them up.
10. Don’t hit your feet with your hands – Don’t hit your feet with your hands as this stops the height of your toe touch.
11. Feet together for the landing – Make sure that you land with your feet together. It will make a big difference of the overall visual in the end.
12. Absorb the landing -Make sure to absorb the landing of your jump by bending your legs upon completion of the toe touch. This will help insure the longevity of your knees and help your finish cleanly.