The chills of November are upon us. Time for a nice hot cup of cocoa. While you are relaxing, how about breaking open some fortune cookies? Today, the fortune cookie sayings come from members of Congress. Yikes!
1. Don’t let your teapot boil over. It just might get steamed at you.
2. To err is human, to earmark is divine.
3. It is wise to never whine if you do not get enough pork on your plate.
4. The right wing of the chicken always tastes better than the left wing.
5. The left wing of the chicken always tastes better than the right wing.
6. Forget about the wings, go for the breasts instead.
7. Eat, drink, and be happy. Your unemployment compensation payments have been extended.
8. The wealthy shall inherit the earth. The rest of you shall enjoy the crumbs.
9. The subject of global warming is controversial and always leads to a heated discussion.
10. Give until it hurts; tens, twenties, and fifties are acceptable.
11. The health of our nation is at a premium. It’s on the rise.
12. Your job is safe for today. Tomorrow is another matter.