Week four of the 2010 college football season is in the books, and the offenses kicked into high gear across the country as there were a slew of high-scoring games. There were eight games involving Top 25 teams with the total score over 60, and two games topped 75. Two high scores of note – Wisconsin 70-Austin Peay 3 and Ohio State 73-E.Michigan 20.
NCAA Top 25 Football Scores
Thursday, Sept. 23
(19) Miami (FL) 31
Pittsburgh 3 – The Hurricanes blew out the Panthers who could not get on track offensively.
Friday, Sept . 24
(4) TCU 41
SMU 24 – The Horned Frogs were too much for the Mustangs in a battle for home turf.
Saturday, Sept. 25
Austin Peay 3
(11) Wisconsin 70 – The Badgers poured it on against over-matched Austin Peay.
N Colorado 7
(25) Michigan St 45 – The Spartans manhandled N. Colorado at home.
Bowling Grn 21
(21) Michigan 65 – The Wolverines are returning to national prominence with an explosive offense.
Ball St 0
(18) Iowa 45 -The Hawkeyes get back on the right track shutting out Ball State at home.
(20) USC 50
Wash St 16 – The Trojans beat up on the defensively-challenged Cougars.
(16) Stanford 37
Notre Dame 14 – The Fighting Irish lose again as Stanford looks impressive as they move to 4-0.
(23) Penn St 22 – The Nittany Lions come on strong in the second half to beat the pesky Owls.
E Michigan 20
(2) Ohio St 73 – Ohio State could not be stopped as they rolled over Eastern Michigan.
(7) Texas 12 – The Bruins take down the Horns in Austin in a major upset.
(1) Alabama 24
(10) Arkansas 20 – The Crimson Tide scores twice late in the fourth quarter to deny the Razorbacks the upset.
(8) Oklahoma 31
Cincinnati 29 – The Sooners hang on to beat the Bearcats.
S Dakota St 3
(6)Nebraska 17 – The Cornhuskers struggle but beat South Dakota State.
(9) Florida 48 – The Gators look strong in dominating the Wildcats.
(12) S Carolina 27
(17) Auburn 35 – The Tigers win a wild one at home in what qualifies as a mild upset.
San Jose St 3
(13) Utah 56 – Utah dismantled the Spartans in Salt Lake City.
(24) Oregon St 24
(3) Boise St 37 – Boise State continues to win, but Oregon State gave them a battle.
(22) W Virginia 14
(15) LSU 20 – LSU’s defense steps up again as the Tigers beat the Mountaineers and move to 4-0.
(14) Arizona 10 – Arizona wins one of the few defensive games of the day.
(5) Oregon 42
Arizona St 31 – Oregon manages to beat the mistake-prone Sun Devils.
The tend of favorites meeting expectations continued in NCAA football this week, with only two upsets, but there were a number of close calls as college pigskin fans got all the excitement they could ask for. Don’t look for any major changes in the Top 20 this week except that Texas will slide a few spots and Michigan and Auburn climb a few.
For more on college and pro football see:
College Football Scores – Top 25 NCAA Football Results
NFL Scores — Complete Week 2 NFL Scores