The curse of No. 1 struck again today as the Ohio State Buckeyes were dethroned from the top position in the Top 25 polls after just one week. And it wasn’t even really close as Wisconsin won 31-18. The Badgers came out strong and answered the bell every time the Buckeyes tried to make a comeback. No.5 Nebraska was also upset by Texas 20-13. The Cornhuskers had revenge on their mind’s from last year’s last second 13-12 Big 12 Championship loss to the Horns, but it was not to be. The Longhorns stuffed Nebraska’s running attack all game long and scored enough points to get the job done.
Saturday, Oct. 16
Boston Coll 19
(16) Florida St 24 – The Seminoles hang on to beat the Eagles.
(13) Michigan St 26 – The Spartans move to 7-0 for the first time since 1966 with a big win over the Illini.
(21) Missouri 30
Texas A&M 9 – Missouri played great defense in holding the Aggies to just nine points.
(15) Iowa 38
Michigan 28 – The Hawkeyes get back on the right track in defeating the Wolverines.
(20) Okla St 34
Texas Tech 17 – The Cowboys took it to the Red Raiders in Lubbock.
(5) Nebraska 13 – The Longhorns bounce back to beat the Cornhuskers again in Lincoln.
(12) Arkansas 43
(7) Auburn 65 – Cam Newton and the Tigers run all over the Razorbacks.
(4) TCU 31 – The Horned Frogs were one lone field goal from pitching their third straight shutout.
(11) Utah 30
Wyoming 6 – The Utes looked impressive in whipping the Cowboys.
(10) S Carolina 28
Kentucky 31 – The Wildcats make a big second half comeback for a well-deserved win.
(1 ) Ohio St 18
(18) Wisconsin 31 – The Badgers upend the No. 1 Buckeyes in the upset of the day.
Iowa St 0
(6) Oklahoma 52 – The Sooners cruise against the hapless Cyclones.
McNeese St 10
(9) LSU 32 – The Tigers look a bit shaky but win against outclassed McNeese State.
Miss St 10
(22) Florida 7 – Mississippi State wins as the Gators have now lost three in a row.
(7) Arizona 24
Wash St 7 – The Wildcats throttle the Cougars.
(23) Air Force 25
San Diego St 27 – The Aztecs win in a thriller over the Falcons.
(3) Boise St 48
San Jose St 0 – Boise State continues to lay its claim to the big bowl game with another shutout today
(8) Alabama 23 – The Crimson Tide return to their winning ways at home.
(24) Oregon St 34
Washington 35 – Jake Locker and the Huskies pull off the upset at home in double OT.
(19) Nevada 21
Hawaii 27 – Hawaii knocks off Nevada in Honolulu.
Thursday, Oct. 14
S Florida 6
(25) W Virginia 20 – The Mountaineers took care of business at home against the Bulls.
As a final note it should be pointed out that the 65-43 offensive shoot out between Auburn and Arkansas set a new SEC record for most points in a game, and All-Everything Auburn QB Cam Newton ran for 188 yards, threw for 140 yards, and accounted for four total touchdowns.
For more on college football see:
Complete Top 25 College Football Scores – No. 19 South Carolina Beats No. 1 Alabama 35-21
College Football Scores — Top 25 NCAA Football Scores