The college football season is winding down, this being the last full week of action before the Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games and then the various conference championships. But it was another great week full of hard hits and great catches for college gridiron fans as Oregon held onto No. 1 with a close 15-13 win over Cal. Boise State started off the NCAA Top 25 college football scores for the week with a 52-14 drubbing of Idaho State on Friday night for their 23rd win in a row. In early Saturday action Wisconsin destroyed Indiana 83-20, and Oklahoma beat Texas Tech, and Auburn came on strong in the second half to defeat Georgia and remain undefeated. In two upsets of note unranked Northwestern beat No. 13 Iowa 21-17 and Notre Dame beat No. 15 Utah.
NCAA Top 25 College Football Scores
Saturday, Nov. 13
Sthrn Miss 31
(25) UCF 21 – The Golden Eagles upset the Knights to make their stay in the Top 25 very brief.
(6) Wisconsin 83 – The Badgers destroyed the Hoosiers in an offensive explosion.
(13) Iowa 17
Northwestern 21 – The Wildcats beat the slumping Hawkeyes in another early upset.
Kansas St 28
(20) Missouri 38 – The Tigers hang on to beat Kansas State in a shootout.
(15) Utah 3
Notre Dame 28 – The Fighting Irish try to salvage the season with a big win over the Utes.
(16) VA Tech 26
UNC 10 – The Hokies make a big move in the second half to put away the Tar Heels
Penn St 14
(8) Ohio St 38 – The Buckeyes score 38 straight points to beat the Nittany Lions.
Texas Tech 7
(19) Oklahoma 45 – The Sooners dominated the Red raiders in Norman.
(2) Auburn 49 – The Tigers remain undefeated and in the No. 2 BCS spot, but questions surround Cam Newton.
San Diego St 35
(3) TCU 45 – The Aztecs give the Horned Frogs a scare, but TCU holds on for the win.
(23) Texas A&M 42
Baylor 30 – The Aggies came on in the second half to put away the Bears.
(9) Nebraska 20 – The Cornhuskers shut down the Jayhawks and are looking good in the Big 12.
LA Monroe 0
(5) LSU 51 – The Tigers defense flexes its muscles and puts up a shut out on Louisiana Monroe.
(14) Arkansas 58 – The Razorbacks rack up 58 points in another offensively oriented game.
(22) S Carolina 36
(24) Florida 14 – The Gamecocks spank the Gators to take the SEC East for the first time ever.
(17) Miss St 10
(11) Alabama 30 – The Crimson Tide beat Mississippi St, to take 2nd in the SEC West.
(1) Oregon 15
California 13 – The Ducks hold on but it wasn’t easy as Cal came to play today.
(7) Stanford 17
Arizona St 13 – The Cardinal defeat Arizona State in a gritty effort.
(12) Okla St 33
(18) Arizona 21 – The Trojans held on to beat the Wildcats in a mild upset.
(21) Nevada 35
Fresno St 34 – The Wolfpack holds on in a wild one against Fresno State.
Friday, Nov. 12
(4) Boise St 52
It was another great week of college football action. And not surprisingly for this time of the year, there were several big upsets among the Top 25 this week. The upset trend started early on Saturday with the Northwestern Wildcats upsetting the No. 13 Iowa Hawkeyes in Evanston, then Notre Dame beat No. 15 Utah, and USC upended Arizona.
College Football Notes for Sat. Nov. 13
Austin Davis threw for 264 yards and four touchdowns in Southern Mississippi’s win over UCF. The incomparable Cam Newton threw for two TDs and ran for two more in Auburn’s win over Georgia. Wisconsin lit up the scoreboards in Madison today scoring 83 points, the most points scored by a team in a Big Ten game since 1950. Scott Tolzien threw for three TDs and Montee Ball ran for three in the win. USC’s Marc Tyler had 160 yards on 31 tough carries.
For more on college football see:
NCAA Top 25 College Football Scores