No. 1 Alabama demolished No. 7 Florida to cement their hold on first in the polls. No. 2 Ohio State had a scare today but came on late to notch the win over Illinois. As did No. 3 Boise State in a 59-0 blowout over New Mexico. The only loss in the AP Top 10 was No. 9 Stanford losing to No. 4 Oregon in the big battle out on the West Coast. No. 18 USC was upset by Jake Locker and the Washington Huskies in another late West Coast game.
Top 25 NCAA Football Scores – Saturday, Oct. 2
(16) Miami (FL) 30
Clemson 21 – The Hurricanes put away the Tigers but it was not easy.
(2) Ohio St 24
Illinois 13 – The Buckeyes score in the last couple of minutes to lock up the win over the Illini.
LA Monroe 3
(10) Auburn 52 – The Tigers come on in the second half to demolish Louisiana Monroe.
(5) TCU 27
Colorado St 0 – The Horned Frogs started slow but ended up with the shut out.
VA Tech 41
(23) N.C. St 30 – Virginia Tech upended NC State in a small upset.
(11) Wisconsin 24
(24) Michigan St 34 – The Spartans win one for head coach Dantonio, who went to the hospital before the game.
(19) Michigan 42
Indiana 35 – The Wolverines beat the Hoosiers in an offensive battle.
(21) Texas 20
(8) Oklahoma 28 – The Sooners win the Red River Shootout this year.
(12) LSU 16 – The Tigers win a close one in a wild finish.
(3) Boise St 52
New Mex St 0 – Boise State rolled over hapless New Mexico.
(18) USC 31 -Jake Locker leads the Huskies to a much-needed win over the Trojans.
(9) Stanford 31
(4) Oregon 52 – The Ducks offense is unstoppable as Stanford can’t keep up in the second half.
(7) Florida 6
(1) Alabama 31 – The Crimson Tide dominated the Gators in another impressive win.
(22) Penn St 3
(17) Iowa 24 – The Hawkeyes defense looked stout in holding the Nittany Lions to just three points.
(25) Nevada 44
UNLV 28 – The Wolfpack easily win bragging rights over the Running Rebels for the state of Nevada this year.
Another great week of college football is in the books, and the favorites are still at the top of the polls. Defending champ Alabama looked scary good in their manhandling of Florida, and Boise State and Oregon both moved the ball up and down the field at will in their lopsided victories. A few more upsets this week, but it is fair to say that the season has run more true to form than most so far.
For more on college and pro football see:
College Football Scores – Complete Top 25 NCAA Football Results
NFL Scores and Summary Results — Cowboys and Vikings Win, Saints Lose