This is a very refreshing and easy to make dip and goes very well with tortilla chips. If you are watching your diet and prefer a healthier option, you could serve it with baked whole wheat pita chips too. This is a sure hit dip recipe during summer months when temperatures are high and we love to have something cool and delicious.
- 1 English Cucumber
- ½ Medium Red Onion
- 5 sprigs of Cilantro
- 2 Cups of thick Greek style Yoghurt
- ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp Sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp ground Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika (for garnish)
- Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Cut the cucumber into very small bite -size pieces.
- Chop finely the cilantro.
- In the serving dish, add the yoghurt, sugar, salt,pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the onion, cilantro and cucumber to the yoghurt mixture and mix well.
- Check for salt and add if required as per your taste.
- Garnish with paprika and refrigerate till you serve.