1.Cinnamon helps reduce blood sugar levels and insulin production naturally. [This delightful spice helps blood cholesterol too!] Many people said their glucose metabolism and natural insulin production when they took cinnamon capsules that delivered about two teaspoons a day of cinnamon. Add cinnamon to unsweetened applesauce, on toast, butter or cream cheese to get a dose of cinnamon for your blood sugar.
2. Oatmeal helps blood sugar-be sure to get the unsweetened kind. It’s very high soluble fiber. Barley is found in oatmeal. Barley is also high soluble fiber with also helps with blood glucose control.
3. Broccoli, spinach, and green beans. These foods are high in fiber and low in carbohydrate, which are great for diabetics.
4. Acidic foods is great for glucose. Acetic acid is the most effective. Acetic acid is the main acid of vinegar. The best types of vinegars is red and white wine wine vinegar. Glucose responses with vinegar was 31 percent lower than without it in one study, Another study showed that vinegar significantly reduced the glycemic index of a starchy meal from 100 to 64. Fermented foods reduce blood glucose levels. Natural fermentation of starch and sugars by a yeast starter culture that makes lactic acid propionic acid is what helps make sourdough bread was 68 compared to 100 for non-sourdough bread.
5. Avocado is high in monounsaturated fats and soluble fiber that helps raise insulin insensitivity and insulin resistance. Avocados are excellent for diabetics or sugar-sensitive disorders. Eat small slices of avocado throughout the day to balance blood sugar levels.
6. Cherries are high in soluble fiber which can raise your body’s insulin output. Cherries can protect against cancers, diabetes, and heart disease.
7. Flaxseed are rich in Omega-3, fatty acids, thiamine, magnesium, copper, phosphorous, manganese. It’s healthy with high fiber and fat content. This helps lower blood sugar, cholesterol and promotes good weight loss.
8. Onions have high sulfur and flavnoid content. Onions can cause a great reduction in blood sugar levels.