For years the team was known for its mediocrity, at best, or at worst, losing ways. It was many years before the Denver Broncos even had a winning season. In time, however the team from the old American Football team became one of the most successful franchises in the National Football League, as it went to six Super Bowls from the 1970’s through the 1990’s. How much do you know about the Broncos?
1. What year did the Denver Broncos first play in the old American Football League?
2. How many years did the Broncos play before they had their first winning record?
3. Who was the Broncos coach in the season the team first had a winning record?
a. John Ralston
b. Lou Saban
c. Floyd Little
d. Mercury Morris
4. In the team’s 14th season, in the last game of the year, the Broncos lost a game to
an AFC rival. Whoever won the game was set to be the AFC West champion and to
go to the playoffs. This was the first time Denver came so close to the playoffs. Who
was the opponent the team lost to?
a. Kansas City Chiefs
b. San Diego Chargers
c. Cincinnati Bengals
d. Oakland Raiders
5. In 1977 the Broncos went to the playoffs the first time after winning the AFC West.
The team beat the Steelers and then got revenge against the Raiders for keeping them
out of the playoffs previously. The team then lost Super Bowl XII. Who was the
a. Red Miller
b. John Ralston
c. Lou Saban
d. Jack Elway
6. Which NFC team did the Broncos lose to in Super Bowl XII?
a. Green Bay Packers
b. Dallas Cowboys
c. Minnesota Vikings
d. Los Angeles Rams
7. What was the best record the Denver Broncos had in the old American Football
League, before the league merged with the National Football League?
8. John Elway started in five Super Bowls for the Denver Broncos in the 1980’s and
1990’s, as the team lost the first three then won the last two. How many other
NFL quarterbacks have ever started in five Super Bowls?
b. 1–Joe Montana
c. 2–Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw
9. Which Denver Bronco running back was the first player for the team to rush for
more than 20 touchdowns in one season?
a. Floyd Little
b. Terrell Davis
c. Bobby Anderson
d. Clinton Portis
10. True or false, the Denver Broncos became the first AFL team to beat an NFL
11. As the Denver Broncos beat the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl after the
1999 season, what did John Elway accomplish that no NFL player, at any position,
a. He threw for six touchdown passes.
b. He threw for 500 yards.
c. He was the MVP of the Super Bowl in his last game as a player.
12. Who was the Broncos coach when they won their two championships in the 1990’s?
a. Red Miller
b. John Ralston
c. Jack Elway
d. Mike Shanahan.
13. Which Broncos quarterback was the first to throw for 200 passes and have an
efficiency rating of more than 100?
a. Brian Griese
b. Craig Morton
c. John Elway
d. Jake Plummer
14. What was the score of the first Super Bowl the Broncos won?
a. Denver 30 Green Bay 24
b. Denver 31 Green Bay 24
c. Denver 31 Atlanta 20
d. Denver 30 Atlanta 19
15. What team did Denver beat to win its second consecutive Super Bowl,
after the 1999 season?
a. Atlanta Falcons
b. Chicago Bears
c. St. Louis Rams
d. Green Bay Packers
3. a, with a 7-5-2 record, second in the AFC west, in the team’s
fourth season in the NFL
9. b, he rushed for 21 touchdowns, 2,008 yards and also had 25 receptions for two
touchdowns and 217 yards.
10. True. The Broncos beat the Detroit Lions13-7 in an exhibition game August 5, 1967.
All About the Broncos, by jaknginger, funtrivia.com
Denver Broncos Trivia, no author listed, usefultrivia.com