This Halloween, get creative with these surprisingly easy-to-make appetizers. The only thing your guests will love more than the slightly spooky touches is how they taste. So, start your Halloween party off right with “wickedly” delicious dips, drinks, and snacks. It sure will be a spooktacular party!
It is simple to make the ghoulish cheese shapes: just ask the deli clerk to slice your cheese about 1/4- inch thick and then use a Halloween cookie cutter.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 pound frozen pizza dough (thawed)
3/4 Cup jarred tomato sauce
8 ounces low moisture mozzarela (sliced)
1 Tablespoon capers
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Brush bottom of a 16 x 11- inch rimmed baking sheet with Olive oil. Press and stretch dough evenly to cover the bottom of the sheet.
2. Spread sauce in an even layer over dough leaving a 1- inch border around all sides. Bake until underside of dough is golden, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, use a ghost-shaped cookie cutter to use for the cheese. Place ghosts on top of hot pizza and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Place 2 capers on each ghost for the eyes. Let stand on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Fill the cauldron to the brim because this punch will disappear in no time.
Cut 3 blood oranges into 1/2- inch wedges; freeze. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, mix 1 (64-ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail, 1 quart chilled orange juice, 1 Cup chilled Vodka, 1/2 Cup triple sec and 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice. Serve with the frozen orange wedges.
Cauldron Full of Devilish Dip
This colorful dip is an easy, healthy treat for you Halloween partiers!
3 ripe avocados
2 plum tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
2 Tablespoons red onion (chopped)
1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Salt to taste
1 small round pernickel bread
1 (8 ounce) bag pretzel rods
1 red, yellow, and orange bell pepper (seeded & cut into strips)
1. Halve and pit avocados. Mash flesh with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, onion, lime juice, hot sauce and enough salt to taste. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
2. Cut a half inch from top of bread and 1- inch from bottom. Scoop out most of the soft interior, leaving 1/2- inch thick walls.
3. Arrange pretzels and peppers to resemble burning logs and flames on a platter. Fill the bread with the avocado mixture. Then place on top of the ‘burning logs’ and serve immediately.
These delicious bat bites aren’t as deadly as others would have you believe.
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
8 ounces soft, mild goat cheese (room tempature)
1/4 Cup Pesto
2 Tbsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
8 pitted olives (sliced)
32 triangular blue corn chips
Mash together cream cheese, goat cheese and pesto. Chill for 40 minutes.
Shape mixture into 16 2-inch balls (about 1 heaping teaspoon). Roll in black pepper and poppy seeds. Press two olive slices into the balls for eyes and place peppercorns in the center for the bat’s pupils.
Insert 2 corn chips on either side of the ball. This forms the bat wings. Then serve these bats up!
There are more ghoulsih appetizers that can be made. All it takes is just a little imagination. For instance, cut the stems of of cauliflower and have brains. Have fun serving these spooktactular (or other) appetizers.