With Halloween just right around the corner, the need for face paint is going to be on the rise. This year you can save money as well as time when you create your own homemade face paint. All you need are the tools, ingredients and of course instructions. That is where I come in. Below you will find a list of materials and ingredients for making homemade face paint. Have fun and don’t make to many scary faces once you get the knack down!
Small mixing bowls (one for every color you want)
Small paint brushes that are good for detail (one for each color you have)
straws for mixing (one for each color you have)
drop cloth or old towel
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon of water
1/2 teaspoon of cold creme
2 drops of food coloring
1. Place drop cloth on work area.
2. Place small mixing bowl onto drop cloth.
3. Mix the water and cornstarch together first in the bowl. Mix well.
4. Add in the cold creme and mix until smooth.
5. Add two drops to the mixture and mix until all the color is mixed in properly.
6. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours to get cool.
7. Remove from refrigerator and mix again. Product is now ready to use.
– If you want a darker color then what you have mixed, then add a drop at a time more to the mixture until desired color.
– If you are looking for a different color then what the food dye box had, then remember what colors mix to make others. Red + Yellow = Orange and Red + Blue = Purple.