I just love the concept of this experimental ensemble piece—-a sad and whimsical look at New Yorkers after the crisis of 9/11. Not only that , but it uses original musical songs by it’s ensemble cast to advance it’s theme.
Well, this is really an ambitious feat and even if it succeeds at just moments of purity, I believe you can call this film a success. I can tell already that it succeeds in the lead performance by 75 year old Jan O’dell.
Unfortunately I am not in New York to review the film, but if you read the New York Times profile you can get an idea of director Lucas’ lofty and true intentions to mix surrealism and realism with a nod to the memory of 9/11 and it’s aftermath.
.I know one thing just from seeing the trailer. Jan O’Dell gives a really stunning and nuanced performance as an elderly lady searching for her lost son. I sincerely hope the Screen Actor’s Guild takes a good look at her performance and nominates it for a SAG actress in a supporting or leading role at this year’s ceremony.
I personally will lobby for it as here — as so few elderly actresses get a crack at a good role.
I am also hoping that the production team will bring Clear Blue Tuesday to Los Angeles and we might screen it at the Screen Actor’s Guild for local members.
I applaud the director Elizabeth Lucas for her willingness to take her film in an unusual direction and the ensemble cast including Cassandra Kubinski and Jan O dell who went out on that limb with her.
Published by Deirdre McGill – Featured Arts & Entertainment ContributorDeirdre McGill writes for Creative Screenwriting Magazine and often roams the streets of Hollywood via film festivals seeking new material for writers and producers. View profileThe Guide to Museums in New York City with Free AdmissionNew York City has numerous museums that feature art, history, culture, and other exhibits. This guide identifies New York’s great museums that have an admission price that will fit anyone’s budget in a recession. Free!Cycle NYC: The 5 Best Rides in New York CityNew York City has an abundance of cycling resources, events, and rides. New York is in fact a cyclist haven! What you need to know about cycling in the city.Labor Day Weekend Events in New York CityThere are a lot of outdoor events to help people celebrate the last days of summer. If you will be in New York City for Labor Day Weekend, here are a few events that you will de…Daughtry Rocks New York City Free Via Jet Blue and “Today Show” (Video)Nothing beats live performed music — unless that live performed music is performed for free. Such was the case for many fans of the hard rocking North Carolina-based band Daugh…New York City: Must-See Attractions, Destinations and Entertainment for VisitorsA quick guide to some the great things New York City has to offer to those who visit. Includes prices and locations when available.SAG 2009 Award Winner Jon HammThis Weekend: New York City Wine…SNTV Style File: Sex and the City 2
- 2009 Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards Nominations List
- 16th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards (2010) Winners Sure Look Familiar
- Out of a Clear Blue Sky
- San Francisco Moves to Boot U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels
- Super Tuesday Predictions from “Fly Over Country”
- Earth Day 2010-New York City Events
- New Years Eve in New York City -Events, Things to Do, Tours
google_protectAndRun(“ads_core.google_render_ad”, google_handleError, google_render_ad); Partner Links from
- Jen Aniston — Dinner or Date?
- Lindsay Lohan Stroller Accident — No Harm, No Foul
- Jwoww — Gym, Tan … Lingerie
- T.I. and Tiny — His and Hers Mug Shots
- Candy Spelling: My Stalker Wants to Move In
Partner Links from
- Brooks & Dunn Say Good-Bye With Final Concert
- ‘Crocodile Dundee’ Star Paul Hogan Cleared to Return to US Amid Tax Dispute
- ‘Alpha-Male’ Role in Hollywood Is a Dying Trend, Experts Say
- EXCLUSIVE: Ali Larter: It’s a Boy! I Mean, It’s an ‘It’!
- To See or Not To See, That Is the Question
Partner Links from
- See Olivia Munn’s Hot GQ Photo Shoot
- Anna Wintour Mocks Lady Gaga
- Video: The Internet Pays Tribute to ‘90210’
- TI and New Wife Arrested for Drugs
- Roger Ebert Can’t Eat, But Wrote a Cookbook
BooksMoviesMusicPeopleTelevisionOther Categories »advanced »Expand