Are you looking for a warm dish to prepare on a crisp, chilly autumn evening? This is a great recipe for evenings like this. Most of the preparation is done in the microwave, and then it is assembled in either a slow cooker or a baking dish to go in the oven. The ingredients are already cooked, so it just needs to cook enough to marry the ingredients.
Beef Broccoli Bake
One pound of hamburger
One box of rotini pasta
1/2 onion chopped
3 cups Mexican Queso cheese
Seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
3/4 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 small can mushrooms
1 bag broccoli
1 envelope of cheese sauce out of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner, set the macaroni aside for another time.
Saltine crackers to crumble over the top
Margarine to dot the top of crackers
1. Brown the hamburger along with the onions and mushrooms.
2. Drain the grease.
3. Cook the broccoli only until done, not limp.
4. Cook the pasta according to directions.
5. Combine all of these ingredients in a greased slow cooker or ovenproof dish.
6. Add the soup, cheese mix powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
7. Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk and add to the dish.
8. Mix well.
9. Add 2 cups of cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix well.
10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
11. Top with crushed crackers, margarine, and more seasoning salt.
Allow to cook until the cheese is melted and the flavors are well-blended, starting to set up some. The longer it cooks it gets a slight crust, and this makes it even better. If you are cooking it in the oven, you should use a lower temperature to avoid burning the cracker topping, and you might need to cover with foil. In the slow cooker, it can stand indefinitely.