If you are looking for a unique set of place card holders for your fall wedding, these gorgeous red, copper, and gold leaves place card holders are simple to make and won’t cost a lot of money!
For this project, you will need (per place card holder):
– Wooden three inch miniature photo frame (available at craft supply shops and online)
– Medium or fine grit sandpaper
– Tack cloth or other similar style soft cloth
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Cherry Red
– Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Gilded Brass
– Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Copper Foil
– Silk ivy leaves (available at craft supply shops in the floral department)
– Ivory colored cardstock
– Hot glue gun and glue sticks
– Newspaper and/or a large drop cloth and/or craft paper
Cover the place you will be crafting these place cards with sheets of newspaper, a large drop cloth, and/or craft paper layers. Remove the glass and backing from the wooden three inch miniature photo frame. Discard the glass piece but set the backing aside for later on in the project. Carefully sand the outside of the frame using medium or fine grit sandpaper. Use just enough pressure to smooth any rough spots on the wood. Wipe away any dust or debris on the frame with a tack cloth or other similar style cloth.
Prime the wooden frame with an even coat of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. After the primer has dried for about an hour, add three to four coats of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Cherry Red. Dry for a couple hours.
Cut the stems off several silk ivy leaves. Lay the leaves flat on the workspace. Paint several of the ivy leaves with Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Gilded Brass. Paint the remaining silk ivy leaves using Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Copper Foil. Make sure none of the green from the silk leaves is showing through. Dry completely.
Heat up the hot glue gun. Adhere the leaves to the outside of the frame. Use as few or as many as you would like. Cool completely. Print your guest’s name on ivory colored paper. Cut the paper piece to size to fit inside the frame. Do not insert the glass. Secure the paper in place with the frame backing and enjoy your new finished place card project.