Are you a big tech guy that love tech gifts or are you in the process of buying a gift for this type a guy? Where are you going to find these hard to find gifts at the best discount? Here is a list of tips to help you find the best tech gifts for men this Christmas:
1. What to look for – For guys there are some simple gifts like new DVD’s and new gifts that will turn his head. Here is a list of some of the gifts ideas that you should look for this holiday season.
• Sports tickets
• Blu-ray player
• TV’s (3D, LED,LCD)
• Gift certificate
• Game System (Wii, Xbox, playstation, Atari (vintage),etc.)
• Games and accessories (Kinect system for xbox)
• Man cave gift (popcorn machine, soda machine, game system, posters, etc.)
2. Where to look -There are so many places to go, so where can you find them. Here are some examples.
• EBAY – You can find anything here. The problem is that it might cost a little more if it’s something like the Xbox Kinect, but something like DVD’s are much cheaper.
• Online – Online sites like Wal-Mart will charge less online. It costs less to store these gifts in warehouses, and companies like Wal-Mart are also trying to direct as many customers as possible to their site for more sales.
• Less traffic stores -It’s always good to look at the lesser known or lesser traffic stores. In our area Kmart does not get the traffic as others. This is good because there is always a better chance to find your tech gift there. Also look at your smaller tech/game stores for the gift as well.
• Big name stores – Of course you can find pretty much any tech item at the big name stores like Target, Wal-mart, Best Buy, etc. Going early before the Christmas rush or asking the attendant for receiving dates always help.
• Newsletter – Some stores will have online coupons through signing up with their newsletter. Toys R Us is a good example. They will offer discounts and only make them available for those that sign up.
3. How to get discounts – Depending on the item and where you look can save you a lot of money. Here are a few options:
• Buy gift cards at discount then purchase the item.
• Use online for cheaper cost. Just watch the shipping cost.
• Find deals such as DVD’s on online auctions.
• Sign up for newsletters to get hard to find deals.
• LCD’s are going through a price drop this season so take a look at them over an LED or 3D TV.
• “Black Friday” Is always a good day for deals, but some stores are bringing out the sales weeks in advanced to keep an eye out.
• Some places will hand out gift cards for purchasing the gift of your choice. Look out for these specials in your Sunday paper or email inbox.
4. Don’t waste time – Once you find out what you want, go now before the stores sell out.
5. Ask questions – Always ask questions if you can’t find an item. In many cases they will have a stock in the back.