I swear it’s getting where it’s not safe to go out of the house anymore, especially for children. Or so the experts say. Everything is dangerous for them, from formula and toys from China that have too much lead to drugs made by Johnston and Johnston.
A while back it was venetian blind cords that may strangle a baby who gets one around his neck and cribs where the slats were too wide apart and the baby might get his head stuck in them.
I used to work in a restaurant and there was a warning on the pickle buckets that showed a baby falling into a half full bucket and drowning. Now I agree that most of my crew members were babies, but I doubt that any of them would fall into a pickle bucket and drown.
When I was a kid I used to play with firecrackers and M-80’s which had all of the explosive power of a half a stick of dynamite. I used to blow up my toy soldiers with them. The lead paint was peeling off the walls in the old house that we lived in but I never had a desire to eat any of it. And my grandmother would slather on the Mercurochrome (liquid mercury) whenever I got a cut, which was pretty often.
Now, the latest hazard to your child’s health is toys and tricycles made by Fisher-Price company. According to Medical News Today: “Tricycles causing genital injuries to young girls, other toys with parts that pose a choking hazard, high-chairs with pegs on rear legs that have injured children, are some of the reasons for Fisher-Price’s recall of over 11 million products.”
About 7 million of the products are tricycles. They seem to have parts that injure girl’s genitals when they fall on them. Several children had to be treated at a hospital for their injuries. What causes the injuries is a pretend key that sticks out by the tricycle’s seat.
Some of the other products that were recalled is a high chair with faulty pegs on the back, and a toy with inflatable balls on it. The valves used to inflate the balls may come off creating a serious chocking hazard.
They also produced small toy cars with wheels that may come off resulting in a choking hazard for small children. At least so far none of the toys have exploded in the children’s faces.