Game shows are a favorite at many households for family time. Everyone wishes they could be the one changing their lives and winning the big bucks. Here are the top 5 stunning moments to happen on television game shows.
1. Kevin Olmstead makes history by winning $2.18 million on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” He had to know who made the first mass-produced helicopter. He knew the answer right away. This IRS agent is now a millionaire.
2. Brad Rutter wins on over 20 episodes of “Jeopardy.” He competes in the three day Ultimate Tournament of Champions to win $2 million dollars.
3. Terry gets a perfect bid on the “Price is Right” showcase showdown. His competitor was only $494 from her price. He won both showcases for his exact bid. This was the first time it happened since the 1970s.
4. Ken Basin loses $475,000 on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” He got clear to the last question and was able to poll the audience on the question. For ordering his favorite beverages on demand, LBJ had four buttons installed in the Oval Office labeled “coffee,” “tea,” “Coke,” and what? A: Fresca B: V8 C: Yoo Hoo D: A&W. The audience chose Yoo Hoo and he agreed with them. He even said he wasn’t sure, but he was wrong and lost the $475,000 that he had earned during the game.
5. Nancy Zeg beats Kenneth Wayne Jennings III on “Jeopardy.” He hasearned over $3 million on this show. She finally beat him out of his winning streak on his 75th time on the show. She lost the next week.