There really are just five steps to happiness. Oh, yes it is that simple. Happiness is a state of mind. Once you realize that, the rest falls into place. You have a choice in life of whether to be happy or miserable. Really you do. You can be homeless and happy. You can be hungry and happy. You can even be abused and happy. We choose to be happy or unhappy deep inside our conscious mind. Happiness has nothing to do with outside circumstances. It truly does come from within. Here’s how to achieve unconditional happiness in five simple steps.
1. Accept and Love Yourself. We are all human. Achieving happiness begins with accepting yourself for who you are. Don’t beat yourself up over your mistakes. Respect yourself. Take your knocks, assume responsibility for your actions, then learn and move on. Dwelling on past mistakes can leave you feeling miserable and guilty. Accepting yourself for the fallible being you are is the first step to happiness.
2. Accept and Love Others. You are not the only one who has a right to be human. You are not the only one who has a right to make mistakes and learn from them. Expecting others to be perfect is ridiculous. The people around you can and will make mistakes. It’s guaranteed. By accepting the eventuality and remaining true to yourself despite the errors of the people around you, you generate happiness.
3. Create and Radiate. I’ve said this before and I will continue to say it, because it’s so very true. In order to have happiness in your life, you must create it. Most people think of happiness as a feeling that comes from life experiences. Actually, in order to be truly happy you must understand happiness is an energy force.
Picture yourself generating a huge glowing ball of happiness energy inside your soul. Now picture the energy you have created becoming so big, it expands outward to absorb the space and the people around you.
4. Accentuate the Positive. Positivity breeds positivity. If you want happiness in your life, you must remain positive through whatever messed up thing life throws at you. Life is a journey, as they say. There will be both positive and negative experiences. It’s how you deal with those experiences that counts. The more positivity you project, the happier you will become. In the same respect, speaking and acting negatively will bring you more negativity every time.
5. Refuse to Let Negativity In. Use your growing ball of happy energy to smother negativity before it gets a start on your well being. By generating positive energy and projecting it outward, you effectively smother all the negativity in and around you. In essence, you are refusing to be unhappy. You are creating a sort of happiness fireball that cannot be extinguished. Your happiness will quickly infect those around you, making them happy too. This is the best side benefit of taking the five steps to happiness.