A cropped denim jacket is a wardrobe staple every teen girl should have in her closet. Cropped denim jackets can be dressed up or dressed down and never go out of style, which makes them perfect for wearing all year long. The key to rocking this wardrobe staple for the fall is accessorizing it with warm colors and cute jewelry. Here are five ways to accessorize your cropped denim jacket for a fall wardrobe.
1. Racerback Tank. For going to a club or party with your girlfriends, this flowing tank paired with the jacket will make for a really fun look. If the denim of the jacket is darker, pair it with a racerback in dark colors, like grays and blacks. If the denim is lighter, lighter colors such as orange, cream, light pink, and violet will look the best. Best fall jewelry choices for this look are long silver charm necklaces or choker shell necklaces.
2. Wide Leather Waist Belt. Leather belts work well with almost every outfit, but look especially great with a cropped denim jacket for fall fashion. Both with or without the jacket, a wide leather belt will subtly show off your curves and flatters every figure. A wide belt will make you look longer and leaner. Natural leather is the best fall color with cropped denim jackets, avoid white leather belts and leathers with unnatural colored dyes. For jewelry, chunky wooden bangles and earrings help complete the look for the fall.
3. Stripes. Striped skirts and tops also look fantastic with denim. For fall, pair this classic jacket with black & white, navy & white, or purple or black. Wide stripes are the most slimming and give this classic jacket a lot of edge. For lighter denim cropped jackets, choose stripes in grays and pinks. Thin bangle bracelets in blacks are a great way to accessorize this look for the fall.
4. Jeans. Jeans always look great with a cropped denim jacket. Avoid matching the jacket to the jeans so that you don’t end up with a jumpsuit look. For fall, pair this look with a cream color tee shirt with wooden jewelry, bronze jewelry, dangly earrings, and lots of bangles.
5. Large Shoulder Bag. Big, bold shoulder bags are always an easy way to update a cropped denim jacket for fall. Bright fall colors, like oranges, olive, and yellows will contrast nicely; classic colors like browns and blacks will create a glam look for nighttime parties.