Does it seem like your dad has everything when it comes time to purchase him a gift? Are you at a lost at what to buy him?
Yes, it can be difficult to find presents for your dad. Actually, it can be difficult to purchase presents for men in general. Yet, if you really think about your dad and how special he is, you should be able to come up with an idea or two.
Here are some suggestions to help you:
1. Does dad like team sports? Is there anyway you could buy tickets to see this sports live?
2. If you can’t get tickets for him to watch this sporting event live is there any special memorabilia he would like? Now if he is overloaded with cups, car magnets and sweatshirts with his favorite team logo, this is not a good idea.
3. Does dad have a hobby? Could you purchase something that relates to this hobby as a gift? For instance, if dad is an avid fisherman, could he use some special lures?
4. Does dad have special treats he enjoys eating? Why not fix up a basket of these and present them as a present?
5. Does dad enjoy the new techno gadgets? Is there something new he is missing?
6. Does dad enjoy visiting museums, car shows, boat shows or any other visiting shows? Why not get tickets for an upcoming event and tell dad you would like to be his guest. Then he has the gift of the show itself and the time he will get to spend with you.
7. Has dad ever expressed the interest in learning how to play a musical instrument? You could purchase him not only the instrument, but a series of lessons, too.
8. Has dad ever expressed the interest in taking a trip somewhere, possibly visiting some relatives he hasn’t seen in years? Why not help arrange the trip and help pay for the cost of the airplane tickets or other accommodations?
9. Gather up many of the pictures throughout of the years of your father, his family and of the time he spent with your mother and with you and all your brothers and sisters. Have older pictures retouched. Then place these pictures in a special album.
10. You could also place have the same pictures downloaded onto a DVD so dad can watch them live on his television screen.
Yes, it can be extremely hard to come up with ideas for fathers on special holidays. Yet, if you think really hard, you can end up with several ideas for that special dad, who seems to have everything.