Looking for a great dessert that fits into the Fall theme, try this delicious ginger carrot cake. It is great for parties. This recipe takes about 2 hours from start to finish.
* 4 eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-3/4 cups sugar
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 4 cups finely shredded carrots
* 2/3 cup cooking oil
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger or 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
1. Let eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round
cake pans; line bottoms with waxed or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, carrots, oil, orange juice, and ginger. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on racks.
Next we need a cream cheese frosting, you can use your favorte recipe or use this quick and simple one to top your cake with.
Cream Cheese Frosting: In large bowl beat together on low speed one 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened; 2
Tbsp. whipping cream; and 1/4 tsp. salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in 5 to 5-1/2 cups powdered sugar. Makes 2-1/2 cups. Frost your cake after it cools, about 20-30 mins. and serve.