If you suffer from PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, it is nothing to laugh at. While many jokes have been made for generations and generations, it’s truly a condition that can get you down. Many women suffer from some degree of PMS or another and it can be a real hindrance to your day and your life.
If you want to treat PMS without a pill, then you may look to natural methods of controlling this symptom from Mother Nature. There are things you can do to combat the effects of PMS once and for all. You can help prevent and reduce your symptoms and you can do so naturally.
Here are some great ways to combat PMS naturally so it does not have to rule your day anymore:
• Keep a symptoms log/ diary- take time to note your symptoms on a regular, monthly basis. Keep track of what you feel and when you feel it. No matter how small or insignificant it might seem to be, write it down and keep track. This will help you to find patterns in the symptoms and help you track PMS when it’s coming on in the future.
• Take vitamins and minerals-Studies have shown that there are certain vitamins and minerals that can help decrease the signs of PMS. Magnesium is an important element to consider as well as calcium, vitamin D and B, iron as well as zinc.
• Eat a balanced diet- Not only can the period deplete you of iron, it can also cause other deficiencies so it is important to eat a balanced diet. Studies have also shown that the average woman needs about 500 more calories a day on the days leading up to her period. A balanced diet will help keep PMS at bay.
• Get enough exercise- Exercise lifts the mood and it helps release endorphins in the body that makes you feel good naturally. It’s a great pick-me-up.
• Attack the symptoms- Sometimes the simplest natural methods can help treat signs of PMS. Bloating can be helped with burdock root, for example.
• Reduce stress- sometimes you just need to relax and try to relieve the stress in your life. Stress contributes to PMS in a big way and it can make the symptoms of PMS worse as well.
Now that you know these great ways to combat PMS naturally, you can begin applying them to your life when PMS rears its ugly head and tries to take over.