My best friend loves wine and wine accessories. She prides herself on being a self-proclaimed sommelier (wine steward) and spends much of her free time learning about wine and wineries. My dear wine-loving friend is also complete green and is very careful to make her carbon footprint as small as possible. Therefore, when shopping for her this year, I wanted to find some eco-friendly green wine gift ideas. I created this shopping list of green wine gifts that I think would make any eco-friendly wine-lover very happy.
1. Recycled Wine Glasses – My friend loves to collect wine glasses and wine goblets; therefore, I think the perfect addition to her collection would be a set of unique eco-friendly wine glasses made from recycled and reclaimed glass. Bing.com, Uncommon Goods and The Green Glass Company all have a variety of recycled glass wine glasses your green friend will love.
2. The Green Glass Company specializes in creating unique green gifts from recycled and reclaimed wine bottles. Gifts include eco-friendly vases, candleholders, tumblers, glasses, pitches and wine decanters. They have several collections including the Topaz Collection and the Cyan Collection that my green wine friend will love.
3. Wine Bottle Cheese Trays – I first saw these at an Arts & Crafts Fair in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and fell in love with them as gifts. Thank goodness for Etsy because I can shop for these wonderful eco-friendly cheese trays any time I have to purchase a hostess gift or a green gift for a wine lover. These wine bottle cheese trays are made from real wine bottles that are flattened to make them perfect for serving cheese. Add a gourmet cheese and cracker basket for an extra-special gift for our friend or loved one.
4. Eco-friendly Wine Bags – GiftedGrape.com has a large selection of green wine bags that are perfect for giving with a nice sustainable grape wine. Each bag is made from eco-friendly jute or recycled materials and had a beautiful touch to a gift of wine. Choose from one, two or four bottle wine bags depending on how much your friend loves to transport wine.
5. Cork Dry Erase Bulletin Board – Sterling Wine Online has fantastic eco-friendly wine gifts made from recycled wine bottles, corks, wine barrels and even wine vines. One of my favorites is this charming hand-made wine cork dry erase board. The frame of the dry erase board is made from actual wine corks that have been recycled for use in this practical gift. The board comes with three cork magnets, an embellished marker and grape cluster pushpins.