Dry, brittle, damaged hair is becoming more and more common among women of all ethnic groups, including African American. African American women are more at risk of damaged hair because their hair is extremely fragile and has a tendency to become extremely dry, requiring almost constant moisturizing and care. Another reason for damaged hair in all women is overuse of heat products. This can be in the form of curling irons, flat irons, blow dryers and pressing combs. Heat damages the cuticle of the hair, making it more susceptible to dryness and breakage. The use of chemicals can cause severe damage and breakage, especially if the hair isn’t properly cared for after the chemicals have been applied. There are many other causes of damaged hair, and one way that women can repair their damaged hair is by using hair masks, which has become a definite trend in the past few years. If you’re having a problem with dry, damaged hair, here are some reasons why you may want to invest in a superior hair mask:
1. Condition – Most hair masks are far superior to regular everyday conditioners and provide a great deal more nourishment for the hair in order to promote strong, beautiful hair and allow your hair to recover from any neglect or abuse it may have undergone.
2. Moisturize – If dryness is the problem that you’re trying to correct, using a quality hair mask on a weekly basis is a great idea. Not only will it adequately moisturize dry, parched hair, but it will also protect your hair from future dryness.
3. Rejuvenate – If you’re considering using a hair mask, obviously your hair has some serious issues. Fortunately if you choose the right mask, totally rejuvenating your hair is no problem at all. The hair mask will rejuvenate your damaged hair, quickly returning it to its original healthy condition. Of course you may need to use the mask a couple times before you see any real results, but you should see at least some improvement after the first application.
4. Add Shine – Most hair that is damaged is not only dry and brittle, but is also dull and lacking in healthy shine. The high quality hair mask of your choice will definitely add shine, which you will be able to notice almost immediately upon use.
5. Detangle – Damaged hair, especially African American and extra curly hair, sometimes has a tendency to tangle easily. This problem will be quickly resolved with the proper hair mask, making combing through your hair a great deal easier.
6. Soften – One thing that many women look for in a hair mask is softening, which most high quality masks will certainly do. You shouldn’t have to wait for several uses before noticing that your hair is softer, and you should notice that your hair is softer and more manageable immediately.
Hair masks will repair your hair in many other ways as well. If your hair is damaged or simply needs a little bit of extra TLC, using a hair mask can work wonders on your hair, quickly transforming your hair from drab to fab in a short period of time. Hair masks can be expensive, as much as $60 or more per container, but in most cases your investment will be very well worth the cost. Some masks require you to eliminate your regular hair conditioner when you plan on using the mask, while other masks don’t have this requirement-it’s up to you whether or not you want to use both your regular conditioner as well as the hair mask or not. Just be careful not to over-condition your hair, which can cause problems of its own.
Beauty Hair Tips – http://www.freebeautytips.org/damagedhair.html
Black Hair Care – http://hair.lovetoknow.com/Black_Hair_Care
Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask – http://www.neutrogena.com/product/shop+by+solution/dry+-+damaged/triple+moisture+deep+recovery+hair+mask.do?sortby=bestSellers