If you want to decorate your door for Trick or Treaters, a Halloween party or just for fun, this craft project is easy and cute. My daughters and I made this construction paper door decoration in no time and the had a great time. This is also a great idea for a teacher who is wants to decorate her classroom door, you really do not even have to put it on a door it can be perfect for a wall also. It takes only a few items and you do not have to be very skilled to make it. Here is everything you will need to make this Halloween construction paper craft with your children.
Halloween Construction Paper Craft – Door Scary Face Decoration
Construction Paper (Black, Red, White and Orange)
Tape (Scotch or Clear Packing Tape)
Plastic Black Tablecloth (I got mine at local party store for only $1.99, it was even larger than my door)
Glow-in-the dark paint pen (optional)
1) First you want to cover your section of wall or door with the black plastic table cloth. The one I purchased for such an inexpensive price was large enough I was able to cover my door with it folded in half. I affixed it with securely all around with tape. I then cut off the extra table cloth at the bottom of the door so it would not be dragging on the floor.
2) The next step was to make the scary face eyes for the door decoration. My daughters choose orange eyes, yellow, green or purple would be equally spooky. We folded the large sheet of orange construction paper, this way the eyes would both be cut out at the same time and be the same size. I used a pencil to trace the shape we liked. The shape and design are where you can mix it up and give you Halloween door a great personality. After my daughters cut out the eyes I used the tape to put them on the door.
3) For the red part of the construction paper craft I used four large sheets of red construction paper. No tricks here, all you do is tape them right onto the black tablecloth on the door. We wanted the mouth to be pretty large, but you can adjust it to a size you like.
4) The next step is the one my children enjoyed the most. To make the teeth you use white construction paper to cut out varying sizes of triangles. Our construction paper teeth varied from about 4 inches to 10 inches long, and two to five inches wide. You do not need to trace them, I let my girls freehand them. The teeth being different lengths and widths makes his growl spookier. We used about ten triangle teeth for the upper and ten more for the lower part of the mouth. Just tape them on in the pattern you like, we staggered big and small ones so we would not have too many of one size all together.
5) The last step for your Halloween door decoration is optional but is a great way to make him standout at night. You use a paint pen with glow in the dark paint. You can trace a thin outline right around the inside edge of his eyes and then do the same for all his triangle teeth. Be sure to allow time for the paint to dry before your children touch it so it will not smear.
Now your are done with your easy Halloween construction paper craft. This easy scary door face always gets many compliments. It is sure to become a favorite with your children that will want to make each year when fall arrives.