Holiday appetizers have a way of bringing the family and guests round the table for some good conversation and fellowship. If there’s good food to talk over, the holiday is that much more joyous. You can go even further in making your holiday celebration a hit by serving up some healthy holiday appetizers that not only help to create good conversation and fun, but nourish the body with quality nutrition. I’ve had some of my own experience with healthy holiday recipes as a rawist that I can share, along with some other fabulous healthy recipes for your Christmas celebrations from healthcentral.com.
Here’s some fun whole food appetizers that are a sure hit at your holiday festivities!
1. Red and Green Pepper Strips with Walnut Pâté –A Christmas-colored appetizer with walnut pâté spread over the tops of the strips.
2. Nut/Seed Cheese — Serve this with either veggie or herb crackers, or if you want to boost the health factor, cut up some carrots and cukes to serve this with.
3. Untuna Pâté — Pâté made with your favorite processed nut or seed or blend and placed in a nicely designed carved tomato.
4. Hummus–This garbanzo bean spread is a great holiday appetizer that you can serve with pita wedges.
Click here to find the specifics regarding ingredients and measurements for these healthy holiday recipes listed above.
Listed below you’ll find more healthy recipes from a healthy-minded site called healthcentral .com
5. Raita — A low-fat yogurt dip that can be served with crackers, sliced chilled veggies, or if you’re grilling meat, that’s a great combination as well
6. Red Pepper Dip with Pine Nuts— this is another yogurt type of dip made with red peppers and pine nuts that can be served with fresh sliced veggies and/or pita slices.
7. Roasted Asparagus Salad— Here you have a simple yet tasty and festive salad that is made with roasted asparagus then tossed in vinegar. Once you’ve tossed, you’re ready to dig in!
8. Grilled Vegetables— Combine red or green peppers with summer squash, mushrooms and eggplant, heat and voila! You have a nice warm appetizer that’s healthy, too!
9. Pineapple Barbecued Shrimp Skewers— Along with the shrimp, pineapple and lime juices combined with barbecue sauce work together to make this appetizer choice a tasty and healthy combination that everyone will find interesting!
Making your holiday appetizers healthy and interesting is easy to do with these great recipes. Don’t forget to fill the table with good conversation while you enjoy the healthy food! Who said that the holiday season can’t be a healthy season, too? Give them a try and enhance your holiday experience with nourishment and good cheer!