From the moment I became a parent, I learned some days you just need to laugh in order to make it through. This is especially true when you have twins. When my boys were about 4-months old I remember being so stressed one day I just started bawling. They, however, thought I was laughing and proceeded to start cracking up. I couldn’t help but laugh myself as I stared at their giant, toothless grins. Now that they are 4-years-old, I find myself laughing almost every day about something they’ve said. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Andy & Jr.
5. I overheard this one while sitting in the rocking chair feeding our newest son. Andy: “Let’s watch the commercials!” Jr.: Yeah, and when the show comes back on we’ll go play in our room!”
4. This morning I was sitting in bed trying to distract our fussy 7-week-old with a song. I sang, “Baby it’s cold outside.” I then heard Andy singing from the doorway, “So we better put our jackets on.” I tried very hard not to laugh since it was a very smart response.
3. It’s never a good sign when you hear “uh-oh” coming from the bathroom. “What did you do?” I replied. “Uh-oh Mommy, I lost my underwear!” came the response from Jr. Turns out he had just forgotten to put them on that morning.
2. Voting day for the mid-term elections my husband said, “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go vote.” “What’s vote?” Andy said. Daddy responded, “I’m going to go pick who I want to run our state.” Then Andy said, “Can you vote for Grandma?” My husband could say nothing but “sure!” and laugh as he headed out the door.
1. My all-time favorite quote came the morning of my baby shower. As we were sitting in church Andy leaned over and asked, “Is the baby coming out today?” “No sweetie, he’s not coming out today,” I replied. With complete sincerity he responded, “Well, then who’s going to be in the shower?”