Dr. Peter M. Miller believes that 70% of all calories eaten are burned off naturally by the body. The remaining 30% are burned during physical exercise and movement. According to the description of the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet weight loss plan, when weight loss is difficult, it can be directly linked to a faulty metabolism so Dr. Peter M. Miller offers food choices, menu plans and exercise requirements to increase metabolism and boost weight loss.
Is the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet Safe and Effective?
When judging the safety and efficacy of a weight loss plan, the first place to look is the menu plan or allowed calories. The human body uses food and fuel and while overweight and obese individuals have stores of extra energy, eating too few calories can cause metabolism to slow as a protective reaction against starvation. On the Hilton Head Diet, menu plans allow for three meals and two snacks per day adding up to no more than 1,000 calories. Weekends allow for a bit of reprieve from the strict dieting with an additional 200 to 250 calories. All menu plans and meals are based on high-carbohydrate / low-fat foods and recipes.
Exercise is also an important part of the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet weight loss plan, though Dr. Miller claims metabolism and food is the problem. Dieters are expected to work out most days of the week for at least 40 minutes. Workout sessions can be broken up into two 20-minute sessions per day. Weight lifting or weight bearing exercise is also suggested.
Combining the menu plan with exercise suggestions, there is a clear reason why people would lose weight on the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet. Calories are reduced to 1,000 or less and dieters are expected to exercise 40 minutes per day. With normal body functions, 1,000 calories would result in weight loss even without exercise.
The Main Problem with the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
The menu plans on the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet weight loss plan are high carbohydrate and low fat. Carbohydrates burn off very quickly in the body which can lead to crashing blood glucose levels and extreme hunger. Fat often helps to prolong satiety, but this diet is also low in fat. The dieter could face hunger, cravings and lack of energy or fatigue on the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet weight loss plan.
Dieters wishing to lose weight should balance exercise with food intake to create a negative balance of 500 to 1000 calories a day. This calorie deficit typically leads to a weekly weight loss of one to two pounds and is considered safe. Too few calories paired with increase exercise could cause faster weight loss resulting in yo-yo dieting or weight gain rebound.
More Weight Loss Articles from Summer Cavalier-Banks
Enterra Therapy System: Shocking Weight Loss Solution
Skipping the Trendy Diet & Weight Loss Program
Empatic – Orexigen Solution to Weight Loss