The vintage appeal of gold in black is quite popular now. Create a set of these golden dragonfly accent tables to add a chic touch to your living room or home office space.
For this project, you will need (per accent table):
– One small unfinished wooden accent table
– Several sheets of medium and/or fine grit sandpaper
– Tack cloth or other similar style soft cloth
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Gloss Black
– Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in 14K Gold
– Six inch or larger dragonfly wall stencil (available online and at home improvement warehouses)
– Craft paper or a dissembled paper bag
– Masking tape
– Krylon Clear Polyurethane Spray in Satin
– Newsprint and/or a large sized drop cloth
Before starting, cover the area you wish to construct your accent table at with sheets of newsprint and/or a large sized drop cloth. Very gently sand down the surface of the wooden accent table using medium and/or fine grit sandpaper sheets. Remove any dust or grit from the wood by wiping it down with a tack cloth or other style of soft cloth.
Prime the table by spraying it with an even coat of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let the primer dry for a few hours. Paint the table with a few even coats of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Gloss Black. Let the black paint set for four to five hours.
Attach the large dragonfly wall stencil to the center of the accent table using strips of masking tape. Cover all area on the table except the dragonfly design with craft paper or a dissembled paper bag and masking tape. Spray the exposed design with two to four coats of Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in 14K Gold. Dry completely.
Remove all stencils, tape, and paper from the accent table. Gently sand the dragonfly design with sandpaper to age the design. Wipe away any dust using a soft cloth. Seal the table with a few good coats of Krylon Clear Polyurethane Spray in Satin. Let the sealant dry completely before enjoying the accent table.
TIP: For another appeal, use different types of metallic paint. Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Silver Foil, Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Copper Foil, and Krylon Premium Metallic Paint in Gold Foil also give a slightly different look without losing any glamour!