Sweating is the body’s natural way to cool itself. Excessive sweating can cause discomfort and even embarrassment, especially when it happens in public. This condition is medically known as hyperhidrosis and may be caused by hormonal imbalances or other medical issues.
If you are bothered by excessive underarm sweating, give these home remedies for armpit sweating a try:
1. First, you need to understand the real cause of your underarm sweating. These may include factors such as your body weight, genetics, the kind of material that your clothes are made of, as well as some medical issues. If a member of your family tends to sweat profusely, chances are you will, too. If after analyzing all these factors, you still can not pinpoint the exact cause of your excessive underarm sweating, consult your doctor who may ask you to take some tests in order to detect the problem. Some people have problems in their sweat glands, and if this is the case, your doctor may recommend medications or surgery to deal with the problem.
2. One of the effective home remedies for armpit sweating is alum. This has been used for decades as a traditional medicine which can keep the underarms dry and prevent excessive sweating. Alum crystals or powder are often available in drug stores. You would simply have to apply alum on your underarms after your shower and this will neutralize the sweating.
3. You can try other home remedies for armpit sweat such as lime juice, vinegar, apple cider vinegar which should be applied on your underarms, preferably before you go to bed. Before using any of these remedies, make sure that you do not have cuts on your armpits as these ingredients are highly acidic, and can cause a sting when applied. Wash your underarms well before applying these solutions. When you wake up in the morning, wash these ingredients off and apply deodorant after your shower.
4. Wear comfortable clothing, usually those made of cotton, which allows the skin to breathe. Some fabrics do not allow for air to circulate, which can then lead to excessive sweating. Do not wear clothes that are too tight on the underarms.
5. Moderate your intake of high cholesterol foods in order to maintain your weight. Heavier people often sweat more profusely. Also, try to avoid too spicy foods, because they can stimulate the sweat glands to produce more sweat. Instead, focus on healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables and fiber.
One of the easiest home remedies for armpit sweat, of course, is simply to relax. Anxiety can also cause you to sweat excessively. You can try relaxing methods such as listening to your favorite calming music, doing some breathing exercises or practicing yoga.