When you wrap your presents this holiday season, you can add a little bit of creativity to it by designing your own homemade gift tags! This is a very simple Christmas craft to do, because you have total control over it! You can decide how many tags to create, the shapes and sizes of each one, and the design of each tag.
It only takes a few materials and steps to make your own holiday gift tags. As a matter of fact, this is a craft that both children and adults can take part in! But there will be cutting involved, so it is recommended that adults help and supervise and small children taking part in this craft.
Here are the materials and directions for designing your own homemade gift tags!
Construction or Printing Paper (Light colored).
Small holiday Stickers.
Small holiday Ink Stamps.
1. The first thing you should do is figure out how many gift tags you are going to need.
2. Use the pencil to draw out the tags in the shapes you would like. Drawing out the shapes first can help make it easier to cut them out. The shapes can include a rectangle, circle, star, Christmas tree, snowflakes, and so on. You can pick one shape for all of your tags or mix them up a bit. Make sure the tags are big enough to see, decorate, and write on.
3. Carefully cut out all of the tags you have drawn. Go slow and do not rush. If you rush, you may mess up and have to draw a new gift tag.
4. On the gift card, write out “To” and “From” in small but clear letters. Be sure to leave enough space next to or under the phrases to write out the names.
5. Now it is time to decorate the gift tags! You can use small holiday stickers and ink stamps to decorate with. You can also draw small holiday pictures or write small holiday phrases on the tag yourself. The reason why you want to keep everything small is to be sure you have enough room to write out the names on the tags. You can keep the stickers, stamps, graphics, and phrases big enough to see of course, but you want to be sure you have room to write.
6. When you are ready to place your homemade gift on to your gifts, just simply tape them onto the gifts!
Designing your own homemade gift tags is so easy, you may decide to make this a yearly tradition. You even come up with a yearly theme, such as snowflakes, bells, candy canes, presents, and more! This craft can be done at home, schools, or with an age appropriate group at a child care center. You get into the holiday spirit while adding your own style to your wrapping!
Be creative and have fun designing your own homemade gift tags! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!