Shrimp dip is a unique alternative to classic potato chip dips like french onion. It is great to entertain with because it is delicious and also new to many people. Take a container of store bought french onion dip and potato chips to a friendly get-together with family or friends and no one will be impressed. Take a bowl of this tasty shrimp dip and a couple bags of Ruffles potato chips and people will ask for the recipe. When they do, you can send them here! I have listed the exact recipe as I make it, including brands, but using generic brands or your favorite certainly will not much affect the shrimp dip.
The beauty of this shrimp dip recipe is that is super simple, very cheap, and you can throw it together in almost no time.
Ingredients and stuff:
- Two boxes of 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese (original flavor)
- Two cans of Campbell’s Cream of Shrimp condensed soup
- One bag of small-medium size frozen shrimp (thaw under cool running water before starting the recipe)
- One bag of Ruffles Original potato chips
- One medium-size mixing bowl
- Add both cans of Cream of Shrimp soup along with both boxes of cream cheese to the medium-size mixing bowl and mix until smooth and uniform.
- Add the shrimp to the smooth soup/cream cheese mix and stir it until the shrimp are evenly distributed.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You want this dip to be really cold.