This recipe was created by my mom. This hot sauce is great to serve with your Mexican style dinner, to bring to a party, or to give as a gift. The first year my mom gave these out as Christmas gifts, she was later told (yes, told) that she give hot sauce for Christmas the next year.
I have also given this as a gift outside the family and it has been received well.
Original Hot Sauce Recipe
You will need the following:
– 1 large can of whole tomatoes
– 2 small cans of Old El’ Paso Jalapeño Relish (brand specific)
– 1 white onion, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, chopped fine
– 1 ½ teaspoons worchestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
– 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
Cut off the tomato stems, but make sure and keep the tomato juice. Chop whole tomatoes or put them in a blender. It depends on how chunky you want the hot sauce to be. Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 entire day to ensure the spices combine well. This hot sauce recipe tastes best when served cold.
If you are giving this as a gift, it’s best to place a label on the hot sauce jar with an ingredient list to protect people with food allergies. If you are present while serving, I just bring the salsa and answer questions if people ask about particular ingredients that might be in each dish.
Sources: Mom, and personal experience