Need some help finding the latest tech toys and gadgets for the kids on your list this holiday season? Look through these ideas to give you some holiday shopping inspiration.
1. An eReader – This is a fabulous gift idea for young and old, especially if you have an avid reader on your gift list. This handy device makes reading on the go much easier and helps reduce the clutter if you’re low on space in your home for conventional books. According to eReader Central, the top three eReaders based on reviews are the Amazon Kindle, Barnes and Noble Nook, and Apple’s iPad. Compare the different features to see which one works best for you, prices range from $139 to $500.
2. Handheld Gaming – The Nintendo DS game consoles are a great line of handheld gaming devices. Choose between the DSi, DS Lite, and the DSi XL for your needs. Not just for gaming, some of the consoles have features that allow the user to play with photos and sound. With hundreds of games to choose from, the console is appropriate for various age groups. Prices range from $130 to $170 for the consoles, accessories sold separately. Check the Nintendo DS website for a full listing of retailers.
3. Mp3 Players – Music is a popular gift, especially for teens. Compare these three top brands for mp3 players and decide which is right for you. The Apple iPod Nano and Classic music players are very popular and reasonably priced at $150 to $250, depending on your music storage needs. The new Zune HD from Microsoft is known for its easy to use configuration and great graphics. Priced around $200 to $250, this is a sure to please stocking stuffer. Another highly rated music player that is affordably priced is the Creative ZEN X-Fi MP3 Player. At $70 this 8GB music player will be pleasing to the recipient and to your budget. Want to compare all the features of these players, try Yahoo’s Shopping page to read reviews before making your decision.
4. Digital Camcorder – The Crayola Digital Camcorder is a great idea for the young movie producer in your family. Geared to children ages 8-11, this camcorder is sturdy and reasonably priced around $70 through Toys”R”Us. The 1.5″ screen allows for easy viewing while recording. It also comes with a photo editing CD and cables to watch video on your TV.
5. Television/DVD Combo – This is a great gift for the young person on your gift list. Looking for an adorable addition to the young independent child’s small play room? Why not consider a Disney inspired Princess, Cars, Fairies or Batman TV/DVD combo unit for your little one. Recommended for children ages 5-11, the units feature a 13″ viewing screen, remote control, ability to play CDs and a headphone jack. Prices vary by design, so take a moment to compare them at The Disney Store.
6. Kinect for XBOX 360 – What better way to control your gaming experience than to be the controller? Kinect for Xbox 360 allows the user to be the controller, just step in front of the sensor and the system takes care of the rest. Priced at $150 Kinect is a perfect gift for hours of Xbox gaming fun. If you don’t have an Xbox 360, purchase the Special Edition Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect for around $400. Go to Xbox.com to find a retailer near you.